Created by stidmama on 04 Oct 2007 | Tagged as:
This page is specifically for the cool widgets that don’t fit in the side-bar, that deserve more “time” than a single mention in a single post.
The current project I am playing with is NaPoWriMo (a poem each day in April). Here is the WITS blog feed, which includes a poem for each day kids are in school!
This is not a widget nor specifically a gadget, but it does let you peek in on the tides. Tide App. There are apps for iphone, gphone and blackberry, too! Never wonder or worry if the tide will be right when you reach the beach! For some reason, it doesn’t render for the web on my (firefox) browser, but the gphone app works nicely.
How Unique are you? Here’s one way to know — who shares your name!
Where I have been — all the states I have been through and lived in:
I think personality inventories are interesting, and informative, in the way that knowing a person’s preference for music allows you to create a comfortable party when you invite them over for the holidays. I have heard many people voice concern that it labels or pigeonholes people… but so can designations like Republican, Teacher, or Housewife. That out of the way, here is one test I took that seemed fairly accurate:
A note on the INFJ designation, I am — always — INF… but split more or less evenly between the J (Judging) and P (Perceiving) at the end. I share characteristics of both types, and find it relatively easy to switch between the two. For comparison, here are some real people who are from each personality type. Note that I have put it in table form, if your browser doesn’t read tables, go here and it will be laid out differently.
|* Aristophanes – Greek dramatist
* Billy Crystal – actor, comedian
* Carrie Fisher – actress, screenwriter, novelist
* Chaucer – poet
* Fanny Crosby – hymn writer
* Fred McMurray – actor
* Garry Trudeau – cartoonist (Doonesbury)
* Gillian Anderson – actress (X-Files)
* Goethe – poet
* Martin Luther King, Jr.
* Martin Van Buren – American President
* Mother Teresa of Calcutta – missionary
* Nathaniel Hawthorne – novelist
* Nelson Mandela
* Oprah Winfrey
* Piers Anthony – sci-fi/fantasy writer
* Robert Burns – poet
* Shirley Temple Black – actress
|* A. A. Milne – author (Winnie the Pooh)
* Albert Schweitzer – theologian, musician, physician
* Aldous Huxley – English author
* Amy Tan – author (The Joy-Luck Club)
* Audrey Hepburn – actress
* Fred Rogers – Mister Rogers
* George Orwell – author, journalist
* Helen Keller – author, activist, lecturer
* Henry Wadsworth Longfellow – American poet
* Isabel Myers – psychological theorist
* J. R. R. Tolkien – writer
* James Herriot – veterinary surgeon, writer
* James Taylor – singer-songwriter, guitarist
* Laura Ingalls Wilder – author
* Neil Diamond – musician
* Peter Jackson – filmmaker
* Princess Diana – Princess of Wales
* Scott Bakula – actor (Start Trek Enterprise)
* Tom Brokaw – television journalist
* Virgil – ancient Roman poet
* William Shakespeare – English poet and playwright
The above was gleaned from the MyPersonality.info website. I am intrigued to note that many of these are people I identify with, admiring not only their work, but the way they do things.
Here was my project for November 2008, NaNoWriMo…. you can see I didn’t get very far. Oh well, better luck next time, right?
My friend’s charity walk from Spring 2008: Liz did it!! She made the entire trek and returned home safe and and sound. Here is a direct link to her post about it. You can still contribute a few dollars (or pounds) if you like by clicking on the justgiving icon below.Please see the sidebar for other sub pages.